18 June 2008

Father's Day 2008

What a wonderful Father's Day, my first with Michaela, fourth with Andrew. My face says it all; I'm a proud dang papa! Had a wonderful, easy-going day after the 'morning rush' of class and preaching. And my present? Susan was gonna get me a new 'wah-wah' pedal because mine seems to be on its last leg; however, I am convinced I can fix it with a new part and some silicone grease compound on the rocking gear. So instead, Susan decided that, although my chest and back are getting pretty toned, she still finds my 'guns' (biceps) pretty pathetic(!) - so I am now the proud owner of "The Perfect Pullup", which I plan on installing in the doorway in my office that leads to the baptistry! I use the "Perfect Pushup" pretty much every day in my office; Now I will get a complete upper body workout in the comfort of my own office! (Note: putting exercise equipment in my office has been genius; I never forget to do push ups, and its a great way to get energized during the day when I get droopy! Try it!)

What a blessing from God that I am fortunate enough to see another Father's Day, this time with another little child; what a wonderful wife and kids God has given me ; "How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord."

1 comment:

Tyree said...

Hey Mark and Susan, I'm at Tyree's house and she just introduced me to a little thing called blog. Welcome to the 90's Brandy!! Ha Ha!! Anyway, I was reading your blog about stem cell donation and I wanted to tell you that I got a similar certified letter saying that I was a potential match. They did the big blood test and found that I was a match but the patient has a few more options at this time and they will call on me if his other options are unsuccessful. Anyway, I'm proud of you for giving this gift to this person because his family will be so glad to get more years with him, as we were about getting more years with our Dad. Also the Wylie blood must be pretty stinkin awesome if two of us are matching folks around the globe. Awesome!! Well yall have a good weekend and I'll talk to ya again later. Bye now. Brandy and Tyree